The importance of family and significant others in support and well-being of our patients is recognized by the caregivers of ContinueCARE Hospital. It is the policy of Continue Care Hospital at Baptist Health Corbin to allow patients to receive visitors of their choice.
A patient has the right to receive visitors whom she or he designates, including but not limited to, a spouse, a domestic partner, another family member, or a friend. Patient visitation is only restricted when:
- The visitor’s presence infringes on others’ rights and safety
- Visitors are medically or therapeutically contraindicated for the patient
- The patient has withdrawn or denied such consent, which can occur at any time.
Visitation restriction guidelines are put in place for the therapeutic benefits of the patient.
The Clinical Supervisor, Case Manager or Chief Nursing Officer can make an exception to the visitation guidelines for therapeutic considerations, including emotional, spiritual and/or physical comfort of the patient.
ContinueCARE Hospital will observe the following visiting guidelines:
- One visitor a day per patient is welcome from 3pm-6pm and must wear a mask.
- In the event of an urgent or emergent situation, the nurse has the discretion to ask all visitors to leave the unit/room.
- It is requested that one family member be designated as a spokesperson for patient information.
- Limit the number of visitors at the bedside to one (1).
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted visitation to the High Observation Unit, except for therapeutic reasons as pre arranged with the Clinical Supervisor, Case Manager or Chief Nursing Officer/designee.
- No children under the age of 16 will be allowed in Isolation Rooms.
- Visitor(s) will be asked to leave the room, who may be causing a disturbance or interfering with the patient’s care
- Phones are available outside the High Observation doors to allow families access. If the patient is a privacy patient, the predetermined password must be given before entrance is granted.
General Visitation Rules:
- Visitors are not to bring lounge chairs, appliances, cots, mattresses, etc. to the hospital at any time.
- Visitors are prohibited to use any hospital equipment unless under direct supervision of the hospital staff for discharge teaching.
- Any home equipment that is brought to the facility will be required to have electrical safety checks completed.
- No overnight visitors are permitted at this time.
- No smoking anywhere in the hospital or hospital grounds by visitors is permitted.
- The outside entrance to the ContinueCARE Hospital lobby is open until 8:00 pm. Hospital access after 8:00 pm is through the Emergency Department entrance.
- No visitors will be allowed in the hospital after the hour of 9:00pm.
Visitation is limited based on COVID, one visitor a day per patient is welcome from 3pm-6pm and must wear a mask.
ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Corbin
Lower Level, 1 Trillium Way,
Corbin, KY 40701
Patient and Family Resources
Quality of Care Concerns
You may contact the Administration of ContinueCARE Hospital at any time if you have questions, concerns, or complaints by calling (606) 523-5150. Since our organization uses the Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ) accreditation for deemed-status, you, or your surrogate decision-maker, also have the right to file a complaint regarding any quality-of-care concern or safety issue, directly to CIHQ as follows:
Mail Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality
P.O. Box 3620 McKinney, TX 75070
Attn: Chief Executive Officer
Phone: (512) 661-2813
Fax: (805) 934-8588
We take great pride in serving the Corbin community. This region is composed of Whitley and Knox and Laurel counties in the southeastern portion of Kentucky.
Click Learn more to hear about our admission criteria and process.
We offer financial assistance to patients who have an economic need and meet the qualifications of our financial assistance policy.
We understand that pricing and billing for healthcare services can be confusing, so we provide our standard price lists to help families better anticipate and understand their financial responsibilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our patients stay with us for 25-30 days on average.
Although COVID restrictions are still in place to some degree, we still have visitation. One visitor a day per patient is welcome from 3pm-6pm and must wear a mask.
Choosing an LTACH
The ContinueCARE Difference
ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Corbin offers several unique benefits for patients and family members:
1. We provide care with an interdisciplinary approach with a care team of specialists working together for optimal patient outcomes.
2. Each patient will have an individualized care plan based on their needs and preferences
3. We encourage family and/or caregiver participation and keep loved ones informed every step of the way
4. We know the importance of bringing a family member back home. Our discharge numbers show our dedication to making that happen.